£10 + VAT!
All High Quality BYTSYZ E-Learning Certificated online courses OR contact us for a better deal on bulk orders!
Online course title, endorsement, level
Mental Capacity Act - In Practice Level 3
(non-Endorsed, BYTSYZ e-Learning assessed and certificated)
Click Endorsed course for Endorsed version of this course.
Price per Course per Candidate
£10.00 + VAT
OR contact us if you are an organisation and would like to open an account with us.
(inclusive: all modules, online training, unlimited trial assessments, 1 (one) final assessment for each module, certificate, online and phone student support)
- Introduction To The Mental Capacity Act
- The Act In Practice - Impact Of Impaired Mental Capacity
- The Act In Practice - Protection And Best Interests
- The Act In Practice - The Court Of Protection And Legal Issues
Training, assessment, certification and Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
e-Learning, Online (exclusively over the Internet).
Assessment criterion based multiple choice questions with instant results.
All our courses conform to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) criteria.
Average study time
9 hours 21 minutes
(this time does not in anyway suggest that you personally will complete the course in this time. Some individuals study faster then others so the study time differs from individual to individual.)
Evidence of achievement
BYTSYZ e-Learning Certificate of achievement and student transcript.
This BYTSYZ online course is suitable for
All workers who, as a key part of their role, care for and support individuals who lack mental capacity, which includes anyone who:
- Needs to understand the Mental Capacity Act (2005)
- Cares for or supports those who lack mental capacity
- Needs to understand how to apply the principles of the Mental Capacity Act (2005) to their work.
The course will appeal to individuals from any occupational background, who have a role to play in caring for or supporting those who lack mental capacity, including:
- Care staff
- Senior care staff
- Those who act as attorneys or court appointed deputies
- Care Managers
- Team supervisors
- Team managers
- First line managers
- Middle managers
- Aspiring managers
- Clerical staff
- Ancillary staff
The course consists of four modules, with the first module exploring the detail of the Mental Capacity Act (2005) and the remaining three modules exploring the application of the Act when caring for and supporting those who lack mental capacity:
- In the Introduction To The Mental Capacity Act module: the detail of the Mental Capacity Act (2005) is examined. The module will focus on the broad outlines of the Act and will explore issues such as the Five Key Principles, best interests, protection and lasting powers of attorney.
- The Act In Practice - Impact Of Impaired Mental Capacity module: focuses on the impact of impaired mental capacity on the individual. It explores the Five Statutory Principles, relating them to real-life situations. Later in the module we identify ways in which people are affected by mental capacity and what help is needed to make decisions. The module finally explores how people are assessed for mental capacity and examines the issues relating to record keeping and confidentiality.
- The Act In Practice - Protection And Best Interests module: focuses on the importance of 'best interests' for the person who lacks mental capacity. It also explores how people are protected under the Act before examining the complexities of 'Lasting Power of Attorney'
- In the Act In Practice - The Court Of Protection And Legal Issues module: explores the legal aspects of the Act, with a specific focus on the 'Court Of Protection', 'Advance Decisions' and the 'Independent Mental Capacity Advocate'. For each aspect, real-life examples are explored to enable the learner conceptualise these important aspects.
The content of this course covers the key aspects of the Mental Capacity Act (2005), exploring the key issues using real-life examples, the course will focus specifically on the:
- Detail of the Act
- Impact of impaired mental capacity on the individual
- Protection and supporting of best interests for the person who lack mental capacity
- Court Of Protection its working and the powers it holds.
This comprehensive and detailed course is designed to greatly extend the knowledge base of those charged with supporting and protecting those who lack mental capacity. Through the detailed exploration of the principle aspects of care and support required by those who lack mental capacity, it will help to drive up the standards of care within the community and care organisations who operate in this very specialised area of care.
BYTSYZ encourages the participation of line managers in the learning process.
Completing this course can contribute to Care Certificate Standard 9
- Explain the context and broad outlines of the Mental Capacity Act
- Identify issues relating to the first eight sections of the Mental Capacity Act
- Identify issues relating to the remaining sections of the Mental Capacity AcT
- Explain the Five Statutory Principles in relation to real-life situations
- Identify ways in which people affected by mental capacity problems can be helped to make decisions
- Explain how people can be assessed for mental capacity and identify the key issues relating to record keeping and confidentiality
- Explain the importance of 'Best Interests' to the person who lacks mental capacity
- Explain the provisions for protection of people who lack capacity
- Identify ways on which a person is protected under the Mental Capacity Act
- Explain the principles of Lasting Power of Attorney and the benefits for those who lack mental capacity
- Explain the workings and powers of the Court Of Protection
- Identify when and how Advance Decisions can be used to refuse treatment
- Explain the role of the Independent Mental Capacity Advocate in supporting the person who lacks capacity
Customer reviews about online course Certificate in Mental Capacity Act - In Practice Level 3 ...
ELAINA from Havant (25-11-2017)
Very informative course that gives clear guidelines.
Read more e-Learning Reviews
Back to the list of Online Courses