You are here: Online Training Courses Epilepsy Awareness Level 2
Health and Social Care Statutory Training
Certificate in Epilepsy Awareness Level 2
Online Course Title
Epilepsy Awareness Level 2 (non-Endorsed, BYTSYZ e-Learning Certificated)
Click Endorsed course for Endorsed version of this course.
How to book this online course
if you are an individual candidate
OR contact us if you are an organisation and would like to open an account with us.
Fee per Course per Candidate
£39.00 + VAT (inclusive: all modules, online training, unlimited trial assessments, 1 (one) final assessment for each module, certificate, online and phone student support)
- About Epilepsy
- Epilepsy Care
- Helping People With Epilepsy
Training and Assessment method
e-Learning, Online (exclusively over the Internet).
Multiple choice questions (instant results).
Average study time
6 hours 05 minutes
(this time does not in anyway suggest that you personally will complete the course in this time. Some individuals study faster then others so the study time differs from individual to individual.)
Evidence of achievement
BYTSYZ e-Learning Certificate of achievement and student transcript.
This BYTSYZ online course is suitable for
This course provides a overview for those who, as part of their work or family life, occasionally support individuals who suffer from epilepsy. The course's focus is to raise awareness and educate individuals, so enabling better care and support for epilepsy sufferers. This course is suitable for a wide range of individuals, including:
- care practitioners
- senior carers
- care managers
- care volunteers
- education managers
- classroom assistants
- voluntary workers
- youth workers
- family carers.
This Epilepsy Awareness Course is designed for those who, from time to time, work with and support individuals who suffer from epilepsy.
The course consists of three modules:
- Module One – About Epilepsy: explores the nature and causes of epilepsy. The nature, types and triggers of seizures are also examined.
- Module Two – Epilepsy Care: focuses on how epilepsy is diagnosed and the range of treatments currently available to those who suffer with epilepsy. It also explores the first aid needs of the person having a seziure.
- Module Three - Supporting People With Epilepsy: explores the impact of epilepsy on the individual, focusing on social, psychological and physical issues. It examines the support individual sufferers may need along with beneficial lifestyle changes that can improve their quality of life.
Studying these modules will enable students to understand the:
- Nature of epilepsy, epileptic triggers and the stages of a seizure
- Various types of seizures and their related classifications
- Ways in which epilepsy can be diagnosed, treated and risk assessed
- Relevant first aid required for an individual suffering a seizure
- Impact of epilepsy on the individual for a range of social, psychological and physical issues
- Support needed for those who suffer epilepsy and the lifestyle changes beneficial to their well being
This course is designed to extend the knowledge base of those who, from time to time, work with and suport those who suffer from epilepsy.
- Explain the nature of epilepsy, epileptic triggers and the stages of a seizure
- Describe the various types of seizures and their related classifications
- Identify the ways in which epilepsy can be diagnosed, treated and risk managed
- Explain the relevant first aid required for an individual suffering a seizure
- Identify the impact of epilepsy on the individual for a range of social, psychological and physical issues
- Outline the support needed for those who suffer epilepsy and the lifestyle changes beneficial to their well being
Back to the list of Online Courses