£10 + VAT!
All High Quality BYTSYZ E-Learning Certificated online courses OR contact us for a better deal on bulk orders!
Online course title, endorsement, level
Epilepsy Awareness - Advanced Level 3
(non-Endorsed, BYTSYZ e-Learning assessed and certificated)
Click Endorsed course for Endorsed version of this course.
Price per Course per Candidate
£10.00 + VAT
OR contact us if you are an organisation and would like to open an account with us.
(inclusive: all modules, online training, unlimited trial assessments, 1 (one) final assessment for each module, certificate, online and phone student support)
- About Epilepsy
- Epilepsy Management
- Supporting People With Epilepsy
Training, assessment, certification and Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
e-Learning, Online (exclusively over the Internet).
Assessment criterion based multiple choice questions with instant results.
All our courses conform to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) criteria.
Average study time
13 hours 17 minutes
(this time does not in anyway suggest that you personally will complete the course in this time. Some individuals study faster then others so the study time differs from individual to individual.)
Evidence of achievement
BYTSYZ e-Learning Certificate of achievement and student transcript.
This BYTSYZ online course is suitable for
This course is designed to raise awareness and educate those who care for and support people with epilepsy. That is, those who work with and support, on a daily basis, individuals with epilepsy, including:
- care practitioners
- senior carers
- care managers
- care volunteers
- education managers
- classroom assistants
- voluntary workers
- youth workers
- family carers.
This Advanced Epilepsy Awareness Course is designed for those who work with and support, on a daily basis, individuals with epilepsy.
The course consists of three modules:
- Module One – About Epilepsy: explores the nature and causes of epilepsy along with the effects these have on the brain. The nature, types and triggers of seizures are also examined.
- Module Two – Epilepsy Management: focuses on how epilepsy is diagnosed and the range of treatments currently available to people with epilepsy. It also explores the first aid needs of the person having a seizure. Later in this module the law in relation to epilepsy and in particular the key pieces legislation that underpin the care and protection of people with epilepsy are examined. When exploring the legal aspects, the principles of: recording, care planning and record keeping, as well as the confidentiality of information are discussed.
- Module Three - Supporting People With Epilepsy: explores the impact of epilepsy on the individual, focusing on social, psychological and physical issues. It examines the support individuals with epilepsy may need, along with beneficial lifestyle changes that can improve their quality of life. Finally this module examines how relevant legislation relates to and protects individuals with epilepsy from discrimination.
Studying these modules will enable students to understand the:
- Relationship between brain activity and seizures
- Nature of epilepsy, epileptic triggers and the stages of a seizure
- Various types of seizures and their related classifications
- Causes of epilepsy and the syndromes related to epilepsy
- Ways in which epilepsy can be diagnosed
- Range of epilepsy treatments available
- Relevant first aid required for a person having a seizure
- Importance of care planning and risk assessment
- Importance of confidentiality and maintenance of accurate reporting and recording
- Impact of epilepsy on the individual for a range of social, psychological and physical issues
- Support needed for those with epilepsy and the lifestyle changes beneficial to their well being
- Relevant legislation and know how to maintain the dignity and respect of individuals with epilepsy.
This comprehensive and detailed course is designed to greatly extend the knowledge base of those working within the demanding area of epilepsy care. Through the detailed exploration of the principle aspects of the care and support required by those with epilepsy, it will help to drive up the standards within organisations operating in this very specialised area of care.
- Identify the relationship between brain activity and seizures
- Explain the nature of epilepsy, epileptic triggers and the stages of a seizure
- Describe the various types of seizures and their related classifications
- Outline the causes of epilepsy and related syndromes
- Outline the ways in which epilepsy can be diagnosed
- Identify the range of epilepsy treatments available
- Explain the relevant first aid required for an individual having a seizure
- Identify the importance of care planning and risk assessment
- Recognise the importance of confidentiality and maintenance of accurate reporting and recording
- Identify the impact of epilepsy on the individual for a range of social, psychological and physical issues
- Outline the support needed for those with epilepsy, and the lifestyle changes beneficial to their well being
- Explain epilepsy relevant legislation and know how to maintain the dignity and respect of individuals with epilepsy
Back to the list of Online Courses