You are here: Endorsed Online Training Course Stroke Care (endorsed) Level 3
Health and Social Care endorsed online courses
Award in Stroke Care (endorsed) Level 3
Online course title, endorsement, level
Stroke Care (endorsed) Level 3
(BYTSYZ e-Learning assessed, externally certificated)
Guided Learning Hours (GLH)
Average study time
14 hours 48 minutes
(this time does not in anyway suggest that you personally will complete the course in this time. Some individuals study faster then others so the study time differs from individual to individual.)
How to book this online course
if you are an individual candidate
OR contact us if you are an organisation and would like to open an account with us.
Price per Course per Candidate
£100.00 + VAT
- Understanding Strokes
- Stroke Prevention, Treatment And Rehabilitation
Training, assessment, certification and Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
e-Learning, Online (exclusively over the Internet).
Assessment criterion based multiple choice questions with instant results.
All our courses conform to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) criteria.
Evidence of achievement
At the end of this course successful learners will be awarded a certificate of achievement by Training Qualifications UK.
This endorsed BYTSYZ online course is suitable for
This course is designed specifically for individuals who are caring for individuals who have suffered and stroke and being cared for within a care setting, including:
- care workers
- senior care workers
- managers of care homes
- health and social care support workers
- domiciliary care workers
- anyone involved in caring for those who have suffered a stroke
- those working within the paid and voluntary sectors.
A stroke happens when the blood supply to part of the brain is cut off and brain cells are damaged or die. Strokes strike suddenly and have an immediate effect. A stroke can damage both the mind and body, which can impact on:
- Body functions and activities
- Thought processes
- Ability to learn
It can take a long time to recover from a stroke and many stroke sufferers can have long-term problems, sometimes leading to long-term disability.
Here are some interesting facts about stroke:
- There are in excess of 150,000 strokes in the UK every year, which equates to more than one every five minutes
- There are over 1 million stroke sufferers living in the UK
- Stroke is a major cause of adult disability
- High blood pressure contributes to around 50% of all strokes and is the most important risk factor
- About 20% of all strokes are fatal, causing about 7% of deaths in men and 10% of deaths in women.
This online course, that is endorsed by Training Qualifications UK, is designed to help those caring for people who have suffered a stroke. Through studying the course you can learn about the:
- Causes of stroke
- Risk factors that pre-dispose a stroke
- Physical, psychological and sensory problems faced by a stroke sufferer
- Ways to reduce the risk of stroke
- Immediate care a person may require following a stroke-impaired
- Physical and psychological rehabilitation of a stroke sufferer.
This course is designed specifically for all staff seeking to improve their ability to care for people who have suffered a stroke. The course contains a useful mix of theory and practical explanation of concepts that can improve the standards of post-stroke care. It explores the wide variety of knowledge and skills required to effectively care for someone who has suffered a stroke.
- Explain the nature and causes of a stroke
- Identify the predisposing risks to a stroke occurring
- Describe the range of physical problems of a person suffering a stroke
- Describe the range of sensory and psychological problems of a person suffering a stroke
- Describe how to reduce the risk of stroke
- Explain the immediate care required following a stroke
- Identify the Rehabilitation needed for the Psychological post-stroke conditions
- Identify the Rehabilitation needed for the physical post-stroke conditions
Back to the list of Endorsed Online Training Courses