You are here: Accredited Online Training Course Health and Safety in Care Environments (accredited) Level 2
Health and Safety accredited online courses
Award in Health and Safety in Care Environments (accredited) Level 2
Online course title, accreditation, level
Health and Safety in Care Environments (accredited) Level 2
Guided Learning Hours (GLH)
Average study time
4 hours 34 minutes
(this time does not in anyway suggest that you personally will complete the course in this time. Some individuals study faster then others so the study time differs from individual to individual.)
How to book this online course
if you are an individual candidate
OR contact us if you are an organisation and would like to open an account with us.
Fee per Course per Candidate
£100.00 + VAT (individual candidates may purchase this course in two instalments. Please contact us for information).
Inclusive: all modules, online training, unlimited trial assessments, 1 (one) final assessment for each module, certification from the external Awarding Organisation NCFE, online and phone student support.
- Health and Safety in Care
- Fire Safety
- The Control of Infection
- Moving and Handling
Training and Assessment method
e-Learning, Online (exclusively over the Internet).
Multiple choice questions (instant results).
Evidence of achievement
At the end of this course successful learners will be awarded a certificate of achievement by NCFE.
This accredited BYTSYZ online course is suitable for
All individuals who work in residential, domiciliary or day care health and social care environments.
This BYTSYZ online course will enable students to understand the general and specific health and safety requirements of working in a health or social care environment. This course can help businesses by:
- Minimising risk of litigation by reducing work-related accidents
- Keeping staff safe and healthy, which will increase there levels of job satisfaction
- Increasing productivity by reducing staff downtime
- Reducing staff sickness and absence caused by accident-related conditions.
The course focuses specifically on a number of key areas as highlighted below.
Health and Safety:
- Legislation relating to health and safety in the workplace
- Personal and employer responsibilities for ensuring the health and safety of service users
- Organisational policies and procedures
- Application of organisational policies and procedures
- Risk assessment
- How fire starts
- Causes of fire
- Prevention of fire
- Promotion of fire safety
Infection Prevention and Control:
- Main routes of infection
- Prevention of the spread of infection
- Protective equipment
- Effective hand washing
Moving and Handling:
- Key legislation
- Risk assessment relating to moving and handling
- Safe moving and handling techniques
- Limitations of practice
The course addresses all the theoretical elements of these health and safety issues, but does not attempt, for obvious reasons to cover the detailed practical aspects, particularly in relation to manual handling. While practical tips are provided throughout the programme they are there to help raise awareness and to promote greater understanding thus promoting safer practice amongst workers.
- Explain the legal and operational aspects of the health and Safety at Work Act 1974 with reference to its application in the workplace
- Identify the practical issues that need to be addressed if health and safety in the workplace is to be maintained
- Explain how fire starts and spreads
- Identify effective ways of controlling fire and ensuring safe evacuation
- Identify the main risks relating to the spread of infection
- Explain effective measures to minimise and control the spread of infection
- Explain the requirements for manual handling as defined in the 1992 Regulations
- Identify practical ways to reduce the risk of injury from manual handling operations
Customer reviews about online course Award in Health and Safety in Care Environments (accredited) Level 2 ...
PETER from London (04-10-2013)
The training is well structured with sufficient details to equip the trainer.
Read more e-Learning Reviews
Back to the list of Accredited Online Training Courses