You are here: Accredited Online Training Course Dementia Care Practice (accredited) Level 3
Health and Social Care accredited online courses
Award in Dementia Care Practice (accredited) Level 3
Online course title, accreditation, level
Dementia Care Practice (accredited) Level 3
Guided Learning Hours (GLH)
Average study time
12 hours 45 minutes
(this time does not in anyway suggest that you personally will complete the course in this time. Some individuals study faster then others so the study time differs from individual to individual.)
How to book this online course
if you are an individual candidate
OR contact us if you are an organisation and would like to open an account with us.
Fee per Course per Candidate
£100.00 + VAT (individual candidates may purchase this course in two instalments. Please contact us for information).
Inclusive: all modules, online training, unlimited trial assessments, 1 (one) final assessment for each module, certification from the external Awarding Organisation NCFE, online and phone student support.
- Dementia: Causes, Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Dementia: Treatment and Legal Issues
- Care Planning for and Problems of the Dementia Sufferer
- Caring for Dementia Sufferers
Training and Assessment method
e-Learning, Online (exclusively over the Internet).
Multiple choice questions (instant results).
Evidence of achievement
At the end of this course successful learners will be awarded a certificate of achievement by NCFE.
This accredited BYTSYZ online course is suitable for
All care workers who, as a key part of their role, care for and support individuals who suffer from dementia.
This comprehensive BYTSYZ online course is designed for care workers who work with and support on a daily basis individuals who suffer from dementia. The key focus of the course is to raise awareness and educate the carer in order to drive up the quality and standard of care for dementia sufferers who require either full-time or supported care.
The course consists of four modules:
- In the first module: the causes and symptoms of dementia are explored along with the effects these have on the brain. The processes and techniques for diagnosis dementia are also examined.
- The second module: focuses on the range of of treatments currently available for people with dementia. Later in this module we explore the law in relation to dementia and in particular the two key pieces of legislation that underpin the care and protection of dementia sufferers. As part of this exploration of the legal aspects we also address the principles of: recording and record keeping, confidentiality and the protection of data.
- The third module: explores the key features of person-centred care planning and the key issues that should be considered in relation to care planning. Also in this module we examine the main problems, both physical and psychological faced by dementia sufferers.
- In the final module: there is a detailed exploration of the care requirements and delivery for individuals suffering form dementia. All aspects of care are explored in great detail, in order to arm the carer with ideas for best practice in an attempt to drive up the standards of care delivery in this very difficult and demanding area.
The content of this course covers the Skills For Care Knowledge Set for Dememntia and studying these modules will enable students to understand the:
- Main causes of dementia
- Effects of dementia on the brain
- Symptoms and manifestations of the condition
- Means by which the condition is diagnosed
- Range of available treatments and approaches (both pharmacological and non- pharmacological)
- Law in relation to dementia and dementia sufferers
- Care planning process for dementia sufferers, with a particular emphasis on person-centred care planning (PCCP)
- Key issues relating to recording care and maintaining records, whilst exploring the importance of confidentiality and data protection
- Main problems faced by dementia sufferers, which may be physical, psychological or emotional
- Principle aspects of care delivery and support required by dementia sufferers.
This comprehensive and detailed course is designed to greatly extend the knowledge base of carers working within this very demanding area of dementia care. Through the detailed exploration of the principle aspects of care delivery and support required by dementia sufferers, it will help to drive up the standards of care within care organisations operating in this very specialised area of care.
BYTSYZ encourages the participation of line managers in the learning process.
- Define dementia, explain the causes and how it affects the brain
- Identify the symptoms of and diagnosis for dementia
- Explain the range of treatments and approaches available for people with dementia
- Define the law in relation to dementia sufferers and explain the principles of recording, data protection and confidentiality
- Identify the key features of PCCP and be able to construct a person-centred care plan
- Explain the main problems faced by people with dementia
- Identify key aspects of the physical care and support required by dementia sufferers
- Identify key aspects of the psychological and emotional care and support required by dementia sufferers
Customer reviews about online course Award in Dementia Care Practice (accredited) Level 3 ...
JILL from Stockport (07-05-2013)
I completed the Dementia Care Practice (accredited) Level 3 online course and have enjoyed this comprehensive teaching experience and feel much more aware of all areas of how dementia effects people.
MARGARET from Bexhill-on-sea (31-03-2013)
A very informative Dementia Care Practice (accredited) Level 3 online course, which has helped to develop my knowledge and understanding of Dementia Care, which will will enable me to enhance my practical skills and inform others of strategies in supporting individuals with this disease.
I would recommend this course to anyone involved in supporting people with Dementia.
This course is an ideal way to learn at the individual's own pace.
GILLIAN from Hampshire (30-12-2012)
I have thoroughly enjoyed learning this way. It allowed me to work at my own pace at a time that suited me. I'm really chuffed that I have completed the Dementia Care Practice (accredited) Level 3 online course and it's made me feel more confident in my job role.
Read more e-Learning Reviews
Back to the list of Accredited Online Training Courses